I currently provide tele-psychotherapy via SecureVideo. I work with clients residing in California and Florida.
Benefits of Tele-psychotherapy
- Face to face therapy in the privacy of your own home or office.
- Scheduling can be more convenient and can accommodate travel.
- Eliminates transportation issues including: traffic, parking, gas and limitations due to health/safety concerns.
- Eliminates need to find babysitters or substitute caregivers.
- Easier to coordinate couples counseling sessions.
- Economical. Fees are generally lower due to lower overhead for provider.
Disadvantages of Tele-psychotherapy
- Problems associated with technology failures
- Unable to schedule with clients currently at risk to themselves or others.
- Most insurance companies do not compensate for tele-psychotherapy.
Do NOT consider tele-psychotherapy if you are currently in crisis. If you are in crisis contact the national suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
How to begin Tele-psychotherapy
- Contact me on the contact page.
- When we connect we can discuss my fee and additional information regarding meeting.
- I will email you an Intake Form and an Informed Consent Form for you to sign, scan and return email me. If this process is too difficult we will develop another process that works for you.